As a law enforcement officer, there are specific ways that you can help to stop violence before it occurs, encourage by-stander and early intervention, and build prevention partners. Here are a few things you can do to help prevent violence:
- National Crime Prevention Council: Let youth and community members know how to prevent violence before it ever starts
- Participate in community planning and safe school planning.
- Green Dot: Provide trainings on effective bystander intervention
- Be a positive role model
- Stand up Speak up Alaska: Build relationships with youth in the community.
- Support a work culture and personal lifestyle that promotes respect and safety.
- Ensure that there are legal and social consequences for perpetration.