Opportunities with our Member Programs
- Provide crisis intervention counseling for children and adults.
- Provide play therapy and counseling for child victims of domestic violence and sexual assault and their supportive parents.
- Involve families in the process of healing from trauma and creating safety within the family system.
- Educate families and the community about domestic violence and sexual assault. Educate families and the community about parenting, life skills development, and needs of children and adolescents.
Qualifications: Graduate degree in social work, counseling, psychology or related field is required. Must possess a working knowledge of child development and a thorough understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault, child sexual assault and the needs of child victims. Must have experience working with parents in crisis and parenting issues, and with people in trauma.
Salary and Hours: 40 hours per week, competitive salary and benefits.
Closing date/Where to apply: Closes March 27
Send resume and cover letter to: Rachel Brown AWARE, Inc., PO Box 20809, Juneau, AK 99802 Phone: 586-6623
or email email@example.com
Minorities encouraged to apply. EEO.
LEGAL ADVOCATEHours/Week: F/T, 40hrs/week
Salary/Wage/Benefits: $16.43/hr DOE
- Meet with victims of domestic/sexual violence to assess legal issues
- Assist victims in preparing Protection Order petitions
- Accompany victims to district/tribal court for protection order and other hearings
- Become familiar with victim-witness process and needs
- Work with AWARE’s Legal Manager/Attorney to coordinate services for individuals
- Must have high school diploma/GED. College level study or experience in social work, women’s studies, education, accounting or related field is desirable.
- Must possess a valid Alaska Driver’s License and be willing to acquire a CPR and First Aid Certificate.
- Experience working in a legal setting or within the court system highly desirable.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a thorough understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault and the needs of victims or the willingness to learn.
- Must have the ability to understand and communicate with people of different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Must support AWARE’s Philosophy: A commitment to providing options and alternatives to women and child victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
Send resume/cover letter to AWARE, Inc. by March 20, 2017 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (application via email only). For more information call (907) 586-6623 or e-mail Swarupa Toth at email@example.com
RELIEF WEEKEND MIDNIGHT to 8AM ADVOCATE
Are you a night owl? Do you do best working when most other people are sleeping? AWARE’s Midnight to 8am Advocate position may be right for you! Relief Advocates at AWARE are responsible for maintaining the safety and security of AWARE’s residential facility, as well as answering the crisis line and working one-on-one with women and children who are experiencing domestic violence and sexual assault. We are seeking a relief advocate for two midnight-8am shifts, one of which will be on a weekend evening. There is flexibility with the day of the other shift. There is a strong possibility of additional hours.
AWARE offers a supportive, empowering work environment. If you are interested in working with women and children and want a part-time schedule, relief work at AWARE could be a perfect fit! $15.00/hour DOE. EEO.
Send resume/cover letter to AWARE, Inc., PO Box 20809, Juneau, AK 99802, fax to (907) 586-2479, or email to Kimberly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call Kimberly Sumner at (907) 586-6623 with questions. Open until filled. EEO.
SHELTER RELIEF ADVOCATE
Relief Advocates at AWARE are responsible for maintaining the safety and security of AWARE’s residential facility, as well as answering the crisis line and working one-on-one with women and children who are experiencing domestic violence and sexual assault. Relief workers may work a regular, weekly shift or be on-call to cover staff absence and vacations. If you are interested in working with women and children, want a part-time schedule, and an be flexible about your hours, Relief work at AWARE could be a perfect fit! $15.00/hr DOE. EEO.