If you are looking for a new experience, want to be more involved in ending sexual and domestic violence in Alaska, and want to be part of a great, dynamic team – here’s your opportunity! We have three open positions:
Full-time position based in Anchorage. The paralegal provides essential administrative functions, helps produce legal documents, conducts research, performs case management and gives technical assistance to member programs regarding the court system. This position is a non-exempt position, benefits included. Details on how to apply can be found in the job description below.
Training Project Coordinator
Full-time position based in Anchorage. Pay scale depends on experience, with a pay range from $18.00 – $25.00 per hour. The position is a non-exempt position. Benefits included. Details on how to apply can be found in the job description below.
Part-time Staff Attorney
Based in Anchorage, this position will assist the ANDVSA Legal Program in coordinating statewide efforts for legal services for domestic and sexual violence. Details on how to apply can be found in the job description below.
Public Policy Specialist
The Public Policy Specialist is an important member of our team helping us to craft and inform public policy that directly impacts sexual and domestic violence survivors, their families, and our communities. This position reports to the Executive Director and is based in Juneau with in-state and national travel.
Opportunities with our Member Programs
LeeShore Center: DIRECT SERVICE ADVOCATE
Transitional Living Center
Provide support, advocacy and assistance to homeless women and children residing in transitional housing who have experienced domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
Qualified applicant will display excellent interpersonal and written skills, ability to work independently and on a team, and promote non-violent behavior and empowerment philosophy.
HS diploma or equivalent required. Degree or experience working in related field preferred.
Valid driver’s license required.
Submit: Resume, cover letter and three references by September 19th, 2016 to:
The LeeShore Center
325 S. Spruce St.
Kenai, AK 99611
The LeeShore Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
STAR Community Educator (Anchorage)
Do you want to work for a dynamic agency with great people who care about a shared mission? STAR is dedicated to providing the highest quality crisis intervention, education and advocacy to victims of sexual assault and abuse, their loved ones, and our community. We have an immediate opening for a full time Community Educator, to provide Prevention Training and Education on a number of topics related to ending sexual violence.
Please see the job description below, and if interested, send a letter of interest, current resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position closes September 10th.
Job Title: Community Educator
Reports to: Community Prevention and Education Manager
STAR staff, Anchorage School District, the Community and Board of Directors
Provides educational presentations and training to the local schools and community, regarding sexual assault and personal safety.
• Degree in social services, education or related field.
• Or, experience in working with or presenting to children and/or community providers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of sexual assault and related topics a plus.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks.
• Must be proficient in computer use.
• Must be organized and detail oriented.
• Must be able to work with team-based decision making processes, and have the ability to identify and problem solve.
• Must possess the ability to work with culturally diverse clients, staff and volunteers.
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to provide immediate crisis intervention, advocacy and support (if disclosed to) while providing educational training.
• Must be able to work independently and be self-directed.
• Attend a 40-hour crisis line training within 6 months of hire.
• Must have a valid Alaska driver’s license and insured vehicle.
Level of Responsibility:
Maintains contacts of a confidential nature throughout the agency and outside the agency. May be required to use independent judgment in interpreting agency rules and policies.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
• Provide ASD approved age appropriate presentations as scheduled during the school year.
• Provide presentations and training to diverse audiences throughout the community.
• Aid in the development of current information on education and training curricula and agency handouts.
• Assist with the agency crisis line training twice a year.
• Represent STAR in a professional and courteous manner.
• Stay current on issues relating to sexual assault.
Hours: Permanent Full-time 40 hours a week. Flexible to meet the needs of the agency, with some evenings and weekends.
Become a Member of AWARE’s Sexual Assault Response Team (SART)!
Be a (S)HERO for women in your community…
Did you know that 1 in 4 women will be victims of sexual assault in their lifetime? Do you want to help support these women at the hospital when they seek medial and/or legal assistance? Do you want to help hold their offenders accountable? Is so, becoming a part of AWARE’s on-call SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) program may be right for you! You can learn more about it what it takes to be a SART advocate by registering for AWARE’s 40-hour advocacy training, starting September 2016, or by contacting Swarupa at 586-6623 or by email@example.com.
AWARE: Shelter Advocate I
Are you interested in helping people in crisis? Do you excel at maintaining a calm and peaceful environment? AWARE is looking for a Shelter Advocate who can provide care and support for survivors of domestic and sexual abuse. AWARE operates a 24/7 emergency safe shelter, and assists participants in creating safety plans, accessing housing, and exploring resources and options. Advocates are multi-talented, helping participants maintain our facility, answer crisis calls, and provide victim-witness support to survivors.
We have a great team of supportive co-workers and volunteers who care deeply about our community. Please join us!
This is a full-time benefited position, wage starting at $15.50 DOE. Hours are generally Tues- Saturday, 8am to 4pm. AWARE is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send resume and brief cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position closing date: September 7, 2016
AWARE: AmeriCorps Evaluation Specialist
Hours: 40 hrs per week
Victim Services Evaluation
- Outreach to survivors to document all provided services/information and gather feedback
- Design a data flow/system to get information from files and advocates into database
- Analyze outcomes into reports/trending information
Prevention Services Evaluation
- Working with Prevention Team to design/implement evaluation materials
- Outreach to target populations to evaluate specific programming, gather feedback
- Creating “snapshots” that represent program effectiveness, including:
- Media/Social Media products
- Other engaging information sharing formats
- Support AWARE’s Philosophy: A commitment to providing options and alternatives to women and child victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Adhere to the rules, regulations, and code of conduct as specified in the Member Service Agreement
- Will not engage in any AmeriCorps’ Prohibited Activities as listed in the member Service Agreement
Send resume/cover letter to AWARE, Inc., PO Box 20809, Juneau, AK 99802 by September 7th, 2016. Open until filled. Fax (907) 586-2479. For more information call Ati Nasiah (907) 586-4902 or e-mail to email@example.com. EEO