Facts and Statistics
Alaska Victimization Surveys
Out of every 100 adult women who reside in the State of Alaska:
These lifetime estimates come from a 2010 survey of adult women in the State of Alaska.
Click here to view the 2010 statewide summary.
The University of Alaska Anchorage Justice Center with the support of the Council on Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault has released Alaska Victimization surveys for individual communities in Alaska and you may read them here.
Alaska Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Statistics
- National Coalition on Domestic Violence Alaska Fact Sheet
- National Network to End Domestic Violence, Alaska State Summary 2011
- Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Stalking Resource Center State Summary
- 2010 Special Report: UAA Justice Center Domestic and Sexual Violence Research Review and Recommendations, May 2010
- 2008 Alaska Justice Forum "Case Attrition of Sexual Violence Offenses: Empirical Findings", Darrly S. Wood and Andre B. Rosay
- 2008 "Alaska Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Study," Andre Rosay, Tara Henry
- 2007 UAA Justice Center: "Reporting Sexual Assault Victimizations to Law Enforcement"
- 2006 UAA Justice Center Report: "Intimate Partner Violence Against AHTNA Alaska Native Women in the Copper River Basin"
- 2005 - Fall Issue of Alaska Justice Forum "Court Innovations in Domestice Violence Cases."
- 2003 "Descriptive Analysis of Sexual Assaults in Anchorage, Alaska," Andre Rosay and Robert Langworthy
- 1999 "Responding to Victimized Alaska Native Women in Treatment for Substance Abuse,"Bernard Segal, Ph.D., Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies, University of Alaska Anchorage.
National Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Statistics
- American Bar Association Commission on Domestic Violence Statistics
- Bureau of Justice Statistics, Violence Against Women
- Bureau of Justice Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Uniform Crime Reports by the Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Family Violence Prevention Fund: Get the Facts
- The Hotline: Abuse in America
International Violence Against Women Statistics
- World Health Organization report highlights violence against women as a 'global health problem of epidemic proportions'
To view some of these facts, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.