Facts and Statistics
Alaska Victimization Surveys
Out of every 100 adult women who reside in the State of Alaska:
These lifetime estimates come from a 2010 survey of adult women in the State of Alaska.
Click here to view the 2010 statewide summary.
The University of Alaska Anchorage Justice Center with the support of the Council on Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault has released Alaska Victimization surveys for individual communities in Alaska and you may read them here.
Alaska Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Statistics
- National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV), Alaska State Summary
The official Alaska State Summary for the 2013 NNEDV census has not been released yet, but here are some of the numbers which will appear in the report:
The data was collected on September 17, 2013
18 out 19 domestic violence programs responded– 95% Response Rate
Total Hotline call 97
Transitional Housing*: 68
Non-Residential Services: 282
Unmet Requests for Services:
Transitional Housing*: 11
Non-Residential Services: 31
- National Network to End Domestic Violence, Alaska State Summary 2012
- National Network to End Domestic Violence, Alaska State Summary 2011
- National Coalition on Domestic Violence Alaska Fact Sheet
- Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Stalking Resource Center State Summary
* Please note, this transitional housing is not part of the Empowering Choice Housing Program.
National Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Statistics
International Violence Against Women Statisticsli>World Health Organization report highlights violence against women as a ‘global health problem of epidemic proportions’
To view some of these facts, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.