As a law enforcement officer, there are specific ways that you can help to stop violence before it occurs, encourage by-stander and early intervention, and build prevention partners. Here are a few things you can do:
- Let youth and other community members know how to prevent violence before it ever starts.
- Participate in community planning and safe school planning.
- Provide trainings on effective bystander intervention.
- Be a positive role model.
- Build relationships with youth in the community.
- Start a safe community youth group.
- Support a work culture and personal lifestyle that promotes respect and safety.
- Ensure that there are legal and social consequences for perpetration.