ANDVSA webinars and webinars hosted by partner agencies are also included in our online calendar.
The following webinar series is available to the public: Addressing Barriers to Health & Safety: Intersections of Oppression within Organizations
The Pathways Statewide Steering Committee along with the Alaska Network on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault and the Council on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault are pleased to host a monthly series of web conferences that explore the roots of violence and barriers to health and safety. This series is a follow up to the series that began in 2013 and will be looking closely at examples of work happening to change systems, organizations, and process to become more equitable.
Webinar recordings are available on our secure website for ANDVSA member and affiliate program advocates: advocates’ basecamp. Please contact Ariel (email@example.com) or Maria (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions about webinars and/or advocates’ basecamp. For those who already have a login, Basecamp is available here.
2013 Webinar Series
Assessing Barriers to Health and Safety (Root Causes Series) available here. A list of the available webinars below:
The following webinar recordings are available to our member and affiliate programs only through Basecamp.
2015-2016 Advocacy webinar series:
- Reproductive Coercion
- Custody and Divorce 202
- Protective Order Basics
- Partnering with the Alaska Institute for Justice in Serving Immigrant and Limited English Proficient Survivors
- Concrete Strategies: Incorporating a Trauma Lens into Domestic and Sexual Violence Advocacy
- Working with Paralegals in District Attorneys Offices
- Neurobiology of Trauma
Legal Advocacy Series 2014-2015 Webinar Series
Available on Advocates’ Basecamp
- Working with People with Disabilities
- Working with Tribal Court
- Working with OCS
- Confidentiality for DVSA Advocates
- Office of Victims’ Rights
- Policy Overview and 2014 Update
- The Alaska National Guard and DVSA
- DV, SA, SAM Laws 101
- Working with District Attorneys
- Divorce and Custody 101
- Recognizing and Responding to Stalking
- VINE Programs in Alaska (Link and Watch)
- Sexual Harassment in the Work Place (Part 1)
- Sexual Harassment in the Work Place (Part 2)
2014 Webinar Series (Available on Advocates’ Basecamp)
Tech Safety Series
- Cell Phone Abuse and Safety
- Digital Dangers and Links to Safety
- How to get Youth Involved in Ending Dating Violence
Training Project Series 2014-2015 (Available on Advocates’ Basecamp)
- Lethality Assessments and Safety Planning
- Safety Planning in Rural Alaska
- Advocacy Beyond Leaving: Working with Victims who are in Contact with their Abusers
- Prevention for Non-Prevention Staff
- Human Trafficking in Alaska
- Human Trafficking and Working with Youth
- Legal Remedies: Human Trafficking and Immigration
The following webinars are provided by our national partners.
Visit http://www.ncdsv.org/ncd_upcomingtrainings.html for more webinars and conferences listed up to a year in advance.
April 11 (webinar, 2:00-3:30 pm CT)
Understanding Trauma and the Body: From Theory into Practice National Center on Domestic Violence, Trauma & Mental Health.
April 14 (webinar, 3:30-5:00 pm ET)
OVW Financial Management Practices and Procedures, Nonprofit Sustainability Technical Assistance Project. Note: Registration is open only to current OVW nonprofit grantees.
April 18 (webinar, 1:30-3:00 pm ET)
Understanding the Clery Act (part 2 of 2), Office for Victims of Crime’s Legal Assistance for Crime Victims Initiative, in collaboration with Victim Rights Law Center and Clery Center for Security on Campus.
April 19 (webinar, 2:00-3:30 pm ET)
End Abuse of People with Disabilities Webinar Series ~ Exploring the Intersection of Violence and Disability in “Indian Country”: A Panel Discussion(part 3 of 3), Center on Victimization and Safety.
April 27 (webinar, 11:00 am PT; part II is 6/1)
Domestic Violence in the LGBTQ Community: A Two-Part Webinar Series ~ Part I: What Judges Need to Know About Domestic Violence in the LGTBQ Community, National Judicial Institute on Domestic Violence. Register.
April 29 (webinar, 1:00 pm ET)
Debt in the Context of Safety: Coerced Debt and Debt Defense for Survivors,Center for Survivor Agency & Justice.